455 – Security Policies
This week on WELSTech we complete our month-long look at security with a discussion of security policies – not the most exciting topic…until you wish you had them! We take a quick look at some of the ones most churches and schools should have. Sallie shows off a cool new forms tool, while Martin gives a thumbs up to the Apple Watch.
Podcast: Download (Duration: 40:37 — 37.2MB)
Security Policies – Clearly communicating and enforcing technology behavior expectations to those who work, volunteer and attend your church and school is the topic du jour.
- 1-to-1 Essentials: Acceptable Use Policies
- Code of Conduct
- Password Policy Template
- Password Policy Sample
- 5 Examples of Information You Should Never Post Online
- HIPPA and church prayer requests
- Complying with COPPA
- Acceptable Use Policy Template for Public WiFi Networks
Picks of the week:
- New Facebook for Nonprofits blog
- There’s only a few days left in the WELSTech Photo Challenge!
- Submit your images of summer, outreach & Isaiah 52:7 at welstech.wels.net/photochallenge.
- You may win some nifty smartphone camera lenses.
- Visit the challenge image album at bit.ly/wtchallengealbum.
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 456 – Two things you won’t want to miss on next week’s show – an ISTE round table recap from several who attended this summers’ conference and the announcement of three WELSTech Photo Challenge prize winners. Release date: Wednesday, August 3
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
- WELSTech Google Group
- WELSTech on Facebook
- WELSTech on Google+
- WELSTech on Pinterest
- WELSTech on Instagram
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!