This week the WELSTech Podcast focuses on introducing students to computer programming and refining your Internet browsing experience.
WELS Hacker wrap up – The last installments of Martin and Sallie’s summer WELS Hacker blogging series cover computer programming for kids and Google Chrome customizations.
- (14:27) WELSTech turns 200 – On September 7th WELSTech will broadcast our 200th weekly episode, and we need your help to celebrate! Lend your voice to the podcast by recording a voice mail about … your own tech in ministry experience, your favorite podcast episode or just general well-wishes for our 200th anniversary celebration … and you could win a custom WELSTech 4 GB Flip Mino HD video camera – approximate value $100! Be sure to include your name and location in your recording so we can contact you if you are the winner. Deadline for entry is Labor Day, September 5, 2011. Call and leave a message today to enter at 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357).
- Job Opening – There is an opening in the WELS Technology Office for a Technical Support Specialist. Check out the job description and contact WELSTech for more details.
- (17:30) From the WELSTech Listserve, we learned about eCycling programs:
- Northwestern Publishing Houseannounced several new digital products:
- David Schumann from Peace in Janesville, WI recommends Inkscape for converting photos to line drawings.
- Kris Cragin is looking for a web streaming solution. Contact WELSTech if you would like details on the synod’s ad-free solution.
- Links shared in the WELSTech Diigo group:
Coming up on WELSTech:
(28:53) Episode 200 – We celebrate this important milestone episode with new music, a new site design and lots of WELSTech voices! Don’t miss it!! (Release date – September 7, 2011)
The featured artist:
(29:57) We close the podcast with the music of Corban Creek – Serve Him from their CD titled “Could It Be Me”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: