This week on the WELSTech Podcast the topics include batch photo re-sizing for the web and live video from the iPad.
Hacking away – The summer WELS Hacker series continues as Martin shares tips on batch re-sizing of images and Sallie shares her mobile broadcasting breakthrough.
- (14:55) WELSTech turns 200 – On September 7th WELSTech will broadcast our 200th weekly episode, and we need your help to celebrate! Lend your voice to the podcast by recording a voice mail about … your own tech in ministry experience, your favorite podcast episode or just general well-wishes for our 200th anniversary celebration … and you could win a custom WELSTech 4 GB Flip Mino HD video camera – approximate value $100! Be sure to include your name and location in your recording so we can contact you if you are the winner. Deadline for entry is Labor Day, September 5, 2011. Call and leave a message today to enter at 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357).
- Job Opening – There is an opening in the WELS Technology Office for a Technical Support Specialist. Contact WELSTech for more details.
- (20:01) In response to Sallie’s DropBox recommendation, Ken Arceneaux recommends Box.net, which offers 5 GB of free cloud-based file storage.
- Mark Buske from NPH let us know about their new “Anytime Anywhere Bible Studies” which are designed for use by congregations on their web sites. Check out samples:
- Via #WELSTech on Twitter, Maren McPeak is looking for campus wi-fi suggestions.
- Thanks to our friends in the Worship Office, the Christian Worship Lectionary Google Calendar has been updated through November 2013. Learn more and begin using the calendar today!
- Read the recent WELSTech Listserve discussionabout
- Online gradebooks – Don’t forget to listen to the Ryan Rathje interview about SnapGrades (now JupiterGrades) from the WELSTech archives
- Computer equipment available from St. Lucas, Kewaskum, WI
- Check out the LinkedIn In WELS group discussion about the availability of surplus office supplies.
- Links shared in the WELSTech Diigo group:
The featured artist:
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: