This week the WELSTech Podcast summer WELS Hacker series topics include a Web 2.0 label solution and secure passwords.
Pulling from the tech tool belt – In today’s WELS Hacker discussion, Martin Spriggs and Sallie Draper share shortcuts for cloud-based label creation and wise password management.
- (17:59) Jim Esmeier and Alycia Cameron shared feedback via facebook on recent WELS Hacker posts.
- Pastor Clint Rogas from St. Paul in South Haven, MI has gone paperless for worship and is saving over $1,500 annually by eliminating bulletin printing. He is also considering a tablet purchase and wondered how the iPad compares with Android tablets. Martin promised an Android review.
- David Schumann from Peace in Janesville, WI had the idea of using Skype to pipe in remote organist.
- Thinkfinity.org has thousands of free lesson plans and educational resources for teachers. Thanks to our friends in the Lutheran Schools Office for sharing!
- Via Twitter…
- Jason Schmidt shared a link to the Northwestern Publishing House resources in the Logos library. Stay tuned as NPH comes to Kindle next!
- Jason also mentioned that Google+ has come to WELSTech. E-mail us for an invite, and check out the recent ChurchMag article, How Churches Can Make the Most Out of Google Plus.
- Eastside_WELS asked if WELS Connection videos can be embedded on websites, and the answer is “Yes”! Visit the WELS video collection on Vimeo to access embed code for any of the 470+ WELS videos.
- Perry Lund checked in to let us know he is doing a Joomla upgrade on his church web site.
- Links shared in the WELSTech Diigo group:
- What questions might people have before visiting church for the first time?
- Google Apps v. Office 365 Feature Showdown: Which Should You Use?
- Microsoft Word Web App gets co-authoring capability
- Free Teaching Resources and Lesson Plans from the Federal Government
- Immanuel Lutheran Church & School in Manitowoc, WI has high-quality examples of church and school intro videos, and they’ve gotten great exposure and a large number of “views” by hosting the videos on YouTube!
The featured artist:
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: