This week on WELSTech we continue our discussion of data privacy with a technical look at collecting, sharing and deleting data…as well as encrypting it wherever it may be. There is a new Facebook Group for WELS Teachers interested in tech tools. Finally, Martin shares a great grammar checking Chrome plugin that may take your writing to the next level.
Do you know where your data is? – Martin shares information he’s learned regarding the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which went into effect in May and how data protection and privacy just got a lot more important. Challenge #1 is actually finding all the places your data may live. Download his PowerPoint slide deck to review and share locally.
News in tech:
- To The Ends Of The Earth movie resources – The newest synod sponsored outreach movie is now available…with resources!
Picks of the week:
- Grammarly Chrome Extension
- Rachel Feld and Rachel Pierson begin a new Facebook Group called Technology Tools for WELS Teachers
- Rachel Pierson retweets a great find on how to incrementally increase or decrease font size in Google Docs, Presentations and Drawings
Featured videos and more:
Koine Worship Media gets us in the Reformation spirit with A Mighty Fortress is Our God with Musical Notation. Great for personal or family singalongs.
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 571 – WELS Campus Ministry will be featured next week as new technical tools are available to help students get and stay connected. Release date: Wednesday, October 17.
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: