This week on WELSTech we explore computer viruses and hoaxes as well as behavioral and software protection steps you can take to avoid falling prey to them. Martin shares a new challenge he’s part of, and we hear from listeners on everything from secure web sites to online manuals.
Virus Protection – Martin and Sallie discuss today’s phishing and social engineering hoaxes and the defense systems needed to avoid falling prey to them on your computer.
- Spybot Search & Destroy
- TunnelBear VPN – Chrome | Android | iOS
Picks of the week:
- HTTP vs HTTPS for SEO – What You Need to Know to Stay in Google’s Good Graces
- Should You Switch Your Site to HTTPS
- How to Make Your iPhone or iPad Read Kindle Books to You
- 11 Reasons to Keep Screens out of the Sanctuary
- Be part of the last month of the WELSTech Photo Challenge!
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 455 – Next week we close out the WELSTech security series with a discussion of all types of security policies. Release date: Wednesday, July 27
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: