456 – ISTE Afterglow
This week on WELSTech Rachel Pierson and Perry Lund join the conversation to talk about the ISTE conference and what’s new in educational technology. Teachers, prepare for the new school year with information that might shape how you use technology and how it might help your students learn. Plus, listen for the winners in the year-long WELSTech Photo Challenge!
Podcast: Download (Duration: 48:50 — 44.7MB)
Round table – Teachers and STEM enthusiasts Rachel Pierson and Perry Lund share their impressions and take-aways from the premier annual edtech conference, ISTE, which was held during June in Denver.
- Google Cast for Education – Overview video
- Popular search terms:
- Alan November live from ISTE
- Consider attending ISTE 2017 in San Antonio from June 25-28
Photo Challenge winners:
After an exciting year of receiving 939 photos from 40 different photographers in the WELSTech Photo Challenge, Martin and Sallie announce the winners of the fabulous Photo Challenge prizes:
- Winners of a $50 Photojojo gift certificate with which they may purchase the Magnetic iPhone and Android Lens Sampler:
- Most original image – Cassandra Thomas
- Random photographer – Pastor Steve Daley
- Winner of her choice of a $120 Photojojo or Olloclip gift certificate with which she may purchase the entire collection of Magnetic iPhone and Android Lenses or an Olloclip iPhone lens:
- Participant in all 12 challenges – Naomi Green
Picks of the week:
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 457 – Join Martin and Sallie for the kick-off of our final summer series which will focus on self-publishing. Release date: Wednesday, August 10
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
- WELSTech Google Group
- WELSTech on Facebook
- WELSTech on Google+
- WELSTech on Pinterest
- WELSTech on Instagram
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!