644 – Five Below Cables
WELSTech is back with the final installment of our Atomic Habits book discussion as well as an interview about cyber security training for children. Martin and Sallie make their last picks of 2020, and we learn about captioning video calls. The beautiful Christmas concert from Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary closes this last podcast before Christmas, and we send our best wishes to WELSTech listeners for a joyous celebration of our Savior’s birth.
Podcast: Download (Duration: 58:45 — 27.8MB)
Make It Satisfying – Just in time to apply to the new year, Martin and Sallie finish their book discussion of Atomic Habits by James Clear with a look at the 4th law and taking your habits from good to great.
Join us in January for our next book discussion of The Post-Quarantine Church by Thom Rainer.
Security education – MLC second-career staff ministry student Mike Tracy shares his experience in cyber security training, and, in particular, his thoughts on training children about information security.
- Garfield’s Cyber Safety Adventures for the Classroom from the Center for Cyber Safety and Education
- Digital citizenship education resources from Common Sense Education
- Google’s Be Internet Awesome
Picks of the week
How to Add Closed Captions to a Video Call
Creating digital side doors featuring Pastor Peter Hagen and the Raised with Jesus podcast from the December Forward in Christ magazine.
Enjoy the Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary Christmas concert.
2020 is drawing to a close, and that means it’s time to look back at some of our favorite WELSTech moments of the year.
- Add comments
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
- WELSTech Google Group
- WELSTech on Facebook
- WELSTech on Google+
- WELSTech on Pinterest
- WELSTech on Instagram
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!