This week the WELSTech Podcast discussion includes congregation tech topics such as wireless microphones, projection solutions, electronic signs, online social media presence and more.
New Tech in Sleepy Eye – Martin and Sallie review the newest techie additions in Sallie’s congregation, St. John’s in Sleepy Eye, MN.
- Martin’s blog post on FCC changes
- St. John’s purchased three wireless mics and two receivers
Tech Planning – Mark Salzwedel, a member of Christ in Eden Prairie, WI, wrote WELSTech because his congregation was looking for direction and contacts to assist with some technology planning they are undertaking.
- (23:13) Videos from WELS Churches group on Vimeo
- Martin’s Facebook for Churches Journey, Part 2 (Part 1)
News in tech:
Picks of the week:
- Pops Concert – Friday, November 12 at 7 p.m. CST
- Sacred Concert – Sunday, November 14 at 2 p.m. CST
- (33:42) Our Facebook group page included a post by Jimmy Holub with links to
- We’re looking for software recommendations to manage child care programs.
- Debbie Spriggs shared a link to an article on How To: Use an Interactive Whiteboard from Tech & Learning Magazine. Sign up for a free subscription to their print magazine.
- Martin shared several links to a free PDF download of A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. Check out the full list of free eBooks from Planet eBooks.
Coming up on WELSTech:
(44:55) Episode 157 – WELSTech hits the books as we look at chapter 3 of Leading 21st Century Schools. (Release date 11/10/10)
The featured artist:
(46:05) This week we feature the music of Crosswalk Lutheran Ministries (http://www.crosswalkphoenix.com/worship/music.aspx) – You Are My World from their CD titled ”Crosswalk Lutheran Ministries”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Use the diigo tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: