460 – Audio Publishing
This week we put the finishing touches on the WELSTech self-publishing summer series with a discussion of the technical requirements to turn a book into an audio book suitable for Audible and other distribution channels. Martin finally settles on a personal, cloud-based storage solution that is easy on the pocketbook, and the WELSTech Google Group is a happening place!
Podcast: Download (Duration: 42:14 — 38.7MB)
Spoken book – Martin and Sallie explore audio book creation in this last installment of the summer Self-Publishing series. The Audiobook Creation Exchange (ACX) provides several paths for turning your book into an audio book including hiring voice talent to read your book or recording the audio yourself.
- Tips for the author who narrates
- Audio book submission requirements
- Adobe Audition
- Heil PR-40
- Audio Technica AT2020
- Steinberg UR-22
Picks of the week:
- Eight Trends Where Churches Are Moving Virtual
- Read all about Interactive White Boards, Internet Safety and more on the WELSTech Google Group
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 461 – Join Martin, Sallie and WELSTech Photo Challenge star Naomi Green as we kick off a new podcasting season with a discussion of photography. Release date: Wednesday, September 7
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
- WELSTech Google Group
- WELSTech on Facebook
- WELSTech on Google+
- WELSTech on Pinterest
- WELSTech on Instagram
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!