Jul 28 2015
WELSTech comes to you from WELS Convention at Michigan Lutheran Seminary in Saginaw, MI this week. Martin and Sallie talk with several delegates about their convention experience and share lots of great ministry resources along the way. Martin’s pick of the week is a great utility for quickly and easily typing Christian Worship hymn verses.
The delegates perspective – Martin and Sallie welcome four synod convention delegates to the show and get their first-hand impressions of the synod convention experience as well as a taste of technology in their various ministry settings. Special thanks to Prof. Paul Koelpin from Martin Luther College, Prof. Carl Hochmuth from Luther Preparatory School, Missionary Terry Schultz who most recently served in the Caribbean and Layman Brent Nemmers from Atonement in Plano, TX.
Ministry resources abound – Viewers get a bonus treat in this episode of WELSTech as Martin and Sallie break up the interviews with not one, but three, ministry resources!
- Meditations App from Northwestern Publishing House
- Technology in ChristLight presentation from Rachel Feld
- WordPress for church sites:
Picks of the week:
- Animated videos explaining multi-grade classrooms from Principal Timothy Vogel, Shepherd of the Hills, La Mesa, CA.
- Thanks to Pastor Emile Burgess from Trinity, Caledonia, WI who has created a Text Expander file of Christian Worship (CW) hymns. It works with Phrase Express for Mac as well. Check out the details on the WELSTech Wiki.
This video feature is something our convention delegates will also be viewing, the preview trailer for My Son, My Savior. Find it on the WELSTech Presentation/Teaching Videos playlist on YouTube. Learn more about this film, scheduled for release Fall 2015, at MySonMySavior.com.
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 404 – Martin and Sallie are back in their normal broadcast seats just in time to kick off a 5-week summer series, Imagine That, which will focus on working with digital imagery. Join us Tuesday, August 4 at 4 pm Central – welstechlive.wels.net
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: