Apr 15 2014
WELSTech viewers will enjoy this week’s inaugural do-it-yourself challenge as Martin and Sallie share their homemade smartphone stands and vie for points in all sorts of imagined DIY-er categories. To balance out the intense competition, Laura Harstad from Kingdom Workers shares the joys of being a mission volunteer.
Winner! Winner! – Build your own smartphone stand with ideas from today’s WELSTech. Martin shares a quick and easy technique for folding a plastic card. He even goes all out and makes an engraved version. Sallie demos a stand made from cardboard and a little fancy cutting. And if that wasn’t enough DIY goodness for one show, Sallie shares a bonus project that every Catechism instructor could make use of … the Win-O-Rama 3000!
Kingdom Workers – Laura Harstad, International Volunteer Coordinator and Project Developer for Kingdom Workers, chats with Martin and Sallie about the volunteer cycle and how technology assists throughout the entire process.
Picks of the week:
- Registration is officially open for summer FinalWeb training with Martin and Sallie at the Center for Mission and Ministry, July 29 – August 1. Learn more and sign up at bit.ly/fwtraininginfo.
- Join Martin and Sallie on June 3 at Kettle Moraine Lutheran High School for the “Tech and Teach” teacher in-service event – Learn more and register
- avast! Free for EDU
- The Gamification of Education
- 12 Roles for Google Drive in the Classroom
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 338 – Tune in for a discussion of the dark side of the internet and ways to protect yourself, your church and your school, with special guest Jas Lonnquist. (Broadcast date – 04/22/14)
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: