This week on WELSTech we get serious about a variety of tech-driven security risks that have the potential to harm churches and schools. In addition, we share ministry resources, concert announcements and a helpful infographic about creating passwords.
The interview and discussion:
Imagine the worst, and take steps to prevent it – Silicon Valley WELSTech-ers and members of Apostles in San Jose, CA, Mike Klebig and Jas Lonnquist, talk with Martin and Sallie about some of the potential dangers for churches and schools that come along with the use of technology. Who would think a copy machine could be a security risk or stored documents were in danger of being lost? Listen for recommendations in these areas and more.
- Flashcards for Greek and Hebrew from Logos Bible Software (iOS)
- Christian Tools of Affirmation gift ideas
- Share a helpful resource that makes a difference in your ministry, and you will be entered to win an Apple TV. Deadline for entry is May 31, 2014.
- LastPass Security Check – Login to your LastPass account and click the Security Check link
- Dragon Dictation for iOS
Picks of the week:
- This Sunday, April 27 – Watch the live stream of the WELS Handbell Festival Concert on MLC Streams – 2 p.m. Central
- June 3 – Join Martin and Sallie at Kettle Moraine Lutheran High School for the “Tech and Teach” teacher in-service event – Learn more and register
- July 29 to August 1 – Registration is officially open for summer FinalWeb training with Martin and Sallie at the Center for Mission and Ministry. Learn more and sign up at bit.ly/fwtraininginfo.
- Smart phone stand alternative – Office Depot business card holder
- Facebook Permissions Help
- How to Create the Perfect Password [Infographic]
This week enjoy a free Easter music download from WELS artist Michael Schroeder (www.michaelschroeder.com and on Facebook) – Jesus Christ is Risen Today (right-click to save MP3) or download the music video
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 339 – Next week promises to be lively as we host a round table discussion with several school tech directors on the topic of infrastructure for 1:1 implementation. An added bonus will be an overview of the upcoming KML Tech and Teach event with James Carlovsky. (Broadcast date – 04/29/14)
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: