339 – School Tech Planning
On a very special WELSTech Sallie is surrounded by an edtech support group who tackle the timely task of planning for infrastructure, hardware, financing and policies around technology in the classroom, be it Chromebooks, iPads or Android tablets, Macs or PCs. We also hear form James Carlovsky about the upcoming Tech & Teach in-service day at Kettle Moraine Lutheran High School.
Podcast: Download (Duration: 59:44 — 27.3MB)
The edtech gang’s all here – Sparked by an e-mail request for assistance with technology infrastructure and hardware direction from Jennie Adelmeyer, St. John’s, Lomira, WI, an ad hoc edtech support group was formed. Find out about Jennie’s tech questions (which may sound a lot like questions many other WELS schools are considering) and hear the advice she receives from Gail Potratz, Justin Liepert and Jason Schmidt.
- WELSTech School Technology Planning Guide – PDF | Slides
- Detailed group responses
- Chrome Devices for Education Planning Guide
- WELS Google Schools
Tech & Teach at KML – James Carlovsky, Curriculum Director at Kettle Moraine Lutheran High School, shares details about the upcoming teacher in-service day planned for June 3. The cost is $30 and additional details are posted on the event web site.
- Save to PDF – CutePDF
- Lucid Press – for Schools and Students – Video overview
Picks of the week:
- Gmail Labs Undo Send
- Chromebook Implementation Resources – Shared in an Acer webinar
Watch the archived WELS National Handbell Festival concert on MLC Streams. Music starts around the 13:30 time stamp.
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 340 – Tune in as Martin and Sallie square off on their favorite web browsers, browser extensions and apps. Plus we’ll catch up on the great community feedback we missed on today’s show. (Broadcast date – 05/06/14)
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!