Rachel Feld guest hosts this week’s WELSTech as we take a deep dive into student privacy and FERPA. There are concerts and Apple/Microsoft news and rolling robots along with a good dose of common sense in this week’s episode as well. Plus we learn about “Mobiles in Ministry” from the One Latin America mission field.
Protecting Students – As our month-long focus on digital security wraps up, Martin Luther College Professor and WELSTech semi-regular classroom technology correspondent Rachel Feld shares information on the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and its impact on schools.
- Protecting Student Privacy – U.S. Department of Education site
- Martin Luther College Masters of Science in Education with Leadership Emphasis
- Common Sense Education Digital Citizenship curriculum
- Christmas concerts schedule
- Donate while you shop
News in tech:
- Apple Support now has a YouTube Channel – Check out Apple Support on YouTube
- Microsoft Office Arrives on Chromebooks
Picks of the week:
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 526 – Tune in as Martin and Sallie talk about planning for the new year using awesome tech tools. Release date: Wednesday, December 6.
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: