337 – DIY Smackdown
WELSTech viewers will enjoy this week’s inaugural do-it-yourself challenge as Martin and Sallie share their homemade smartphone stands and vie for points in all sorts of imagined DIY-er categories. To balance out the intense competition, Laura Harstad from Kingdom Workers shares the joys of being a mission volunteer.
Podcast: Download (Duration: 55:44 — 25.5MB)
Winner! Winner! – Build your own smartphone stand with ideas from today’s WELSTech. Martin shares a quick and easy technique for folding a plastic card. He even goes all out and makes an engraved version. Sallie demos a stand made from cardboard and a little fancy cutting. And if that wasn’t enough DIY goodness for one show, Sallie shares a bonus project that every Catechism instructor could make use of … the Win-O-Rama 3000!
Kingdom Workers – Laura Harstad, International Volunteer Coordinator and Project Developer for Kingdom Workers, chats with Martin and Sallie about the volunteer cycle and how technology assists throughout the entire process.
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Get social with Kingdom Workers:
- E-mail stuff to OneNote
- Safari Reader in iOS 7 – Clutter free reading on the iPhone
Picks of the week:
- Registration is officially open for summer FinalWeb training with Martin and Sallie at the Center for Mission and Ministry, July 29 – August 1. Learn more and sign up at bit.ly/fwtraininginfo.
- Join Martin and Sallie on June 3 at Kettle Moraine Lutheran High School for the “Tech and Teach” teacher in-service event – Learn more and register
- avast! Free for EDU
- The Gamification of Education
- 12 Roles for Google Drive in the Classroom
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 338 – Tune in for a discussion of the dark side of the internet and ways to protect yourself, your church and your school, with special guest Jas Lonnquist. (Broadcast date – 04/22/14)
This week enjoy a free Good Friday music download from WELS artist Michael Schroeder (www.michaelschroeder.com and on Facebook) – The Nails
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!