197 – WELS Hacker: Be a SMART Listener
This week the WELSTech Podcast includes discussion of SMART Boards and audio Bibles as well as details on the 200th episode video camera giveaway.
Podcast: Download (23.7MB)
Corn Days hacks – Martin and Sallie share recent blog posts about SMART Boards and audio Bibles in this latest installment of the summer WELS Hacker series.
- Smart is as SMART does
- Visit ShopWELS for SMART Board deals from InfoCor
- The Listener’s Bible narrated by Max McLean
- (18:22) WELSTech turns 200 – On September 7th WELSTech will broadcast our 200th weekly episode, and we need your help to celebrate! Lend your voice to the podcast by recording a voice mail about … your own tech in ministry experience, your favorite podcast episode or just general well-wishes for our 200th anniversary celebration … and you could win a custom WELSTech 4 GB Flip Mino HD video camera – approximate value $100! Be sure to include your name and location in your recording so we can contact you if you are the winner. Deadline for entry is Labor Day, September 5, 2011. Call and leave a message today to enter at 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357).
- Job Opening – There is an opening in the WELS Technology Office for a Technical Support Specialist. Contact WELSTech for more details.
- (21:48) In response to Sallie’s post on Mobile Broadcasting, Mark Buske, Marketing Director at Northwestern Publishing House, reminded us of copyright responsibilities related to archiving audio and video online.
- Amine commented that the fee-based GTD plug-in for Outlook isn’t needed if you use the steps Martin outlined in his recent Wiring Up GTD in Outlook 2010 WELS Hacker post.
- Links shared in the WELSTech Diigo group:
The featured artist:
(30:11) We close the podcast with the music of Mike Westendorf (www.mikewestendorf.com and mikewestendorf on Twitter) – Open the Door from his CD titled “Undefined”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!