Jason Schmidt returns to WELSTech for another season of educational technology guest host appearances, and this week the topic is interactive whiteboard options. Martin and Sallie chime in with their usual tips, picks and community feedback round up. Plus this week you’ll want to grab the free Reformation instrumental download from Timothy Moke.
Interactive Whiteboards – SMART Boards may be the industry standard for interactive whiteboards (IWB), but they aren’t the only player on the field. Guest host Jason Schmidt joins Martin and Sallie for our edtech discussion of IWB alternatives.
- Hitachi StarBoard
- Epson BrightLight
- PBS Ineractive Whiteboard Games
- Sheppards Software
- The Whiteboard Blog – Guides
- Jason’s IWB Diigo link list
- TES iBoard
- SMART Notebook Express
- Nebraska resources
(16:30) Mimio Teach Bar – Tim Franke, a territory manager for Mimio, chats with Martin and Sallie about the versatile Mimio Teach Bar which transforms an existing whiteboard into a cost-effective solution for interactive whiteboard technology.
- (29:10) 23 Church Podcast Ideas
- Share a helpful resource that makes a difference in your ministry, and you will ll be entered to win an Apple TV. Deadline for entry is May 31, 2014.
- (33:18) Hyperlinking
- Brightness settings to save battery life
- Interactive whiteboard school year scrapbook
Picks of the week:
(49:55) Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary will celebrate their 150th anniversary with festival worship on November 17 at 3 and 7 p.m. Tune in for live streaming of the 3 p.m. service.
- (51:26) DailyLit
- Actions app
- Video tutorials for learning about copyright
- The NIV84 Concordia Self Study Bible is going out of print – Available from Northwestern Publishing House
Coming up on WELSTech:
(56:14) Episode 315 – Martin and Sallie continue the discussion of our current WELSTech book discussion, The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains by Nicholas Carr. Read along with us as we discuss chapter 5. (Release date – 11/12/13)
(56:51) This week only, download a free music single from WELS musician Timothy Moke (www.jeanninedennis.com/moke/) – A Mighty Fortress
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: