This week on WELSTech Martin shares some productivity tips from his WLS Winterim session and Sallie talks with Missionary Mike Hartman and his wife Rachel about their use of technology in the Mexico mission field.
Christmas 2010 Scavenger Hunt:
Remember, you can use your smartphone or an online decoder to decipher the message. This is the final clue so you can enter the contest by supplying the mystery message! Additional contest details available here. Have fun!
- Mind Like Water: The Art of Productivity – This week Martin is teaching a productivity course as part of the Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary Winterim schedule. He recaps some of the information they are learning, and we hear from students in the class about why a productivity system is important.
- Technology in the mission field (18:36) – Missionary Mike Hartman and his wife Rachel talk with Sallie about the mission work being done in Torreon, Mexico. Rachel shares information about her Lutherans in Mexico blog and how she uses it to spread the news about the mission work with the world.
- Picks of the week (28:18)
- CNN picks from the International Consumer Electronics Show
- Google image search – images.google.com
- Search Google like an expert from HubSpot
- Of interest (35:42)
- WELS marriage retreats – www.welsmarriageretreat.org
- Community feedback (36:25)
- Dan Smith of Holy Trinity in Des Moines, WA is using Google Calendar for his school but the print version isn’t formatted well for their newsletter. Check out Sallie’s Picks of the Week in Episodes 026 & 027 for a solution.
- John Shoosmith of Redeemer in Yakima, WA requested we share guidelines for NIV copyright on the WELSTech wiki, and we are happy to do so – “Copyright Guidelines for the NIV Bible“.
- Linda Travis would like to display RSS feeds on her church web site. Learn more at www.wels.net/jump/rss.
- In response to a question from the webmaster at Good Shepherd in Wisconsin Rapids, WI, Martin shares more details about the synod’s multi-camera set up, including some hardware and software recommendations for running multiple cameras.
- By popular demand, we’ve added a page to the WELSTech wiki with tips for “Getting Started” building a church or school web site.
- Coming up on WELSTech (43:47)
- Episode 055 – We talk with John Shoosmith, a WELS member in Yakima, WA, about the process of creating closed-caption sermon videos for the deaf and hard of hearing
The featured artist:
- We close with music of WELS artist, WendySue Fluegge (www.wendysue.com) – The Instrument from her CD with the same title, The Instrument (45:18)
- Add a comment below
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Voice mail: 414-375-2334
- del.icio.us tag: welstech