This week Martin and Sallie discuss the Getting Things Done organization system for improving personal productivity. They also interview Prof. David Sellnow about blending traditional and online education.
- Time Management and Productivity – In this technology rich age, we are daily bombarded from all directions with things to do. Listen as Martin and Sallie share the popular productivity principles of Getting Things Done (GTD) and how the GTD methods can help even our busy pastors and teachers have “Mind Like Water”.
- The Hybrid Classroom (28:05) – In the first of a two-part interview, Prof. David Sellnow of Martin Luther College joins Martin and Sallie to share insight into the benefits of blending traditional classroom activities with online activities. Prof. Sellnow has successfully blended his course offerings at MLC and suggests that similar blending could accentuate courses at the high school and even elementary school levels.
- Picks of the week (43:36)
- WELS.net feature (53:23)
- Explore the Bible – www.whataboutjesus-explorethebible.com
- Of interest (55:03)
- Leadership Conference video archive on Streams
- Community feedback – Mass e-mail recommendations via the WELSTech listserve (56:27)
- Michael Plocher from St. Paul’s in New Ulm recommends server-based PHP List – www.phplist.com
- Cindy Krueger from Shepherd of the Hills in Lansing, MI maintains two Yahoo groups, one for members and one for prospects
- Sue Fager uses Mail Loop on the job – www.marketingtips.com/mailloop
- Jason Petoskey uses the FinalWeb group e-mail address feature
- Joshua Schoeneck from Kettle Moraine Lutheran High School in Jackson, WI uses another server-based solution called LISTSERV (free & lite versions available)
The featured artist:
- We close with music of WELS artist, WendySue Fluegge (www.wendysue.com) – Time from her CD titled Everyday Christian (1:00:45)