This week the WELSTech podcast discussion topic is online image hosting with Flickr plus graphic designer, Diahann Lohr, joins the conversation.
Photo Sharing – Living in a Web 2.0 world means churches and schools can take advantage of online photo sharing sites such as Flickr to post, organize and share digital images. Martin and Sallie explore Flickr and talk about ideas for using it for ministry advancement.
- Sample embedded Flickr slideshow
- Flickr groups of note:
- Are you using Flickr to host your church or school images? E-mail WELSTech a link to your photos!
(15:05) Design Elements – Diahann Lohr, owner of Adunate Word & Design in Watertown, WI chats with Martin and Sallie about the many questions that go into discovering a good graphic design for congregations and schools.
- Heather Holub recently wrote to WELSTech looking for a WELS designer. We’ve started a new page on the WELSTech Wiki listing Graphic and Web Designers. If you know of a business that isn’t listed, please edit the wiki page to add them.
News in tech:
(32:35) The New Twitter is rolling out
Picks of the week:
- (37:14) Creating School Information Network Channels from Silvia Tolisano at the Langwitches blog
- Toodledo.com – GTD-friendly to-do list
- (46:20) Adam Miller sent us a link to an article about Microsoft’s licensing for non-profits outside of the USA
- We took a virtual trip on Lutheran Airlines thanks to Deborah Witte
- Gail Potratz from Emanuel in New London, WI shared a link to a recent Free Technology For Teachers blog post, 5 Tools To Create and Administer Quizzes Online
- Nancy Leaverton commented on last week’s podcast episode, 149 – Calling All Secretaries
- Jason Schmidt (@jasonschmidt123 on Twitter) from Gethsemane in Omaha, NE shared links and ideas:
- Podcast student memory work using tips from this helpful article on How to Create RSS/XML Feeds For Podcasts
- A comparison table for Blogs, Wikis and Docs: Which is right for your lesson?
- Interactive Whiteboard resource sharing
Coming up on WELSTech:
(59:47) Episode 151 – WELSTech welcomes back Gail Potratz, our semi-regular classroom technology correspondent, and we talk about teacher professional development in the area of technology plus listen in as Gail interviews education professor Bernard Bull. (Release date 09/29/10)
The featured artist:
(1:01:31) We close the podcast with the music of Corban Creek – Epitaph from their CD titled “Could It Be Me?”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Use the diigo tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: