This week on the WELSTech podcast we begin a new series focusing on the technology used by church and school secretaries and administrators.
Something new on WELSTech – The new fall season of podcasting is in full swing and there’s a new topic to explore! With this episode we kick off a series which will focus on the important role of office administrator or secretary for the church and/or school and the technology they use to do their jobs. Martin and Sallie encourage listeners to share the podcast with office personnel and talk about ways to help them network and share ideas.
- Listen to Sally Valleskey, secretary from Abiding Word in Houston, TX on WELSTech Podcast 142
- Visit the WELSTech Wiki for all kinds of office technology knowledge sharing and let the secretary networking begin!
- Church Secretary Study (PDF)
- Church Secretary Essentials
(16:45) Managing the school office – Joanne Nemmers, school secretary for Calvary in Dallas, TX talks with Martin and Sallie about life in the school office. Find out about her favorite piece of office equipment, the challenges of after-school-care accounting and more.
- Brother QL-550 – label printer
- E-mail WELSTech for access to WELS Shepherd’s Staff training resources
News in tech:
Picks of the week:
- (41:53) MailChimp – mass e-mail
- 3rd Generation Kindle
(52:39) Visit the WELSTech Wiki for online worship links and add your congregation
- (56:05) Jason Schmidt from Gethsemane in Omaha, NE shared a link to DocDroid for document sharing and conversion
- Martin shared links to
- Join the WELSTech listserve for a wealth of great support … like Ryan Rosenthal received when he had a problem with bulk e-mail
- Sallie shared some links to
Coming up on WELSTech:
(1:04:20) Episode 150 – Next week we explore Flickr photo sharing for churches and schools plus we talk with designer Diahann Lohr from Adunate Word & Design. (Release date 09/22/10)
The featured artist:
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Use the diigo tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: