This week the WELSTech Podcast Road Trip visits Teacher Jason Schmidt at Gethsemane in Omaha, NE to chat about SMART Board resources.
(2:49) SMART Classrooms – Our travel plans take us to the Midwest where we visit with teacher Jason Schmidt from Gethsemane in Omaha, NE. WELSTech listeners will recognize Jason’s name from his many contributions to the show (and even a previous interview), and today’s show won’t disappoint as Jason shares a ton of classroom-oriented SMART Board resources and ideas with Martin and Sallie.
- SMART Notebook Interactive Viewer
- SMART Express Online Viewer
- Viva la Revolution! – Jason’s SMART blog post
- Curriculum Resources for Christian Teachers (CRCT) – resource sharing wiki
- Jason’s Interactive Whiteboard links on Diigo
- Jason’s Interactive Whiteboard blog bundle from Google Reader
- Follow Jason (jasonschmidt123) on Twitter and also follow the SMART Tweeters he recommends:
Picks of the week:
- (19:16) Explore the virtual resources from the recent International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Conference:
- Soluto.com – Anti-frustration software to analyze and cure slow PC boot time
- (27:29) Pastor Dan Walters from Our Savior in Springville, NY sparked a conversation about TechSoup.org – a site for reduced price tech solutions for non-profits. Check out their faith-based options.
- Martin shared an article on Additional States to Adopt Google Apps for Schools.
- Jason Schmidt tweeted a link to the Twitter for Teachers wiki.
- Justin Ninmann from St. Peter in Appleton, WI polled the WELSTech listserve regarding iPods or cell phone usage in education. Sallie responded, and you can too.
- Staff Minister Ben Carlovsky from St. Paul in Green Bay shared a link to their youth group mission trip blog, following up on our pastoral blogging podcast with another great exam of blogs in ministry!
Coming up on WELSTech:
(35:04) Episode 140 – Join us as we head south to Birmingham, AL to talk with Pastor Ben Kratz about long-distance Bible classes via Skype. (Release date 07/14/10)
The featured artist:
(35:45) We close the podcast with the music of Corban Creek – It Seems to Be the Day from their CD titled “Could It Be Me”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Use the diigo tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: