This week on the WELSTech Podcast Martin and Sallie discuss online and personal Bible study with a digital flavor.
Digital Bible Study – Martin shares a recap of his recent presentation at the WI State Teacher’s Conference. We learn about the many types of digital Bible study and about many free and affordable tools for online study.
- Web 2.0 tools to facilitate blended Bible study
- Real time communication tools for one-to-one connections
- Open source courseware for web servers – Moodle.org
- Personal Bible study software
- Glo Bible
- Logos 4 – released 11/02/09
- Online Bibles
News in tech:
- (33:07) Google Wave update
- OpenDNS Enterprise – Pricing for K-12 is $500 per year
Picks of the week:
- (43:12) Ryan Rosenthal from Faith in Fond du Lac, WI shared a link to Karl Henselin’s Memory Work Quiz Maker
- Jason Schmidt from Gethsemane in Omaha, NE asked if we monitor WELSTech tags on diigo.com. We do now! And we even have a WELSTech group on Diigo for our listeners to join.
- Jason Schmidt also shared a slew of great links via the #WELSTech hashtag on Twitter
- Gail Potratz from Emanuel in New London, WI also shared via Twitter – PBS Teacher Activity Packs
- Following up on our educational gaming discussion last week
- More follow up from last week’s episode, this time about Martin’s Pick of the Week, Mint.com – Alycia Cameron and Jeremy Johnson are fans!
- Debbie Witte from Ascension in Sarasota, FL contacted us for help in selecting a projector for their school and church. We pointed her to our WELSTech Wiki page on projectors as well as the ShopWELS.net program. Contact Mark Robinson, ShopWELS Administrator (262-546-0088 or firstname.lastname@example.org), for assistance.
Coming up on WELSTech:
(56:10) We celebrate National Distance Learning Week by highlighting all of the online learning opportunities offered by WELS. (Release date 11/11/09)
The featured artist:
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: