104 – Glowing About The Bible
This week on the WELSTech Podcast Martin and Sallie discuss online and personal Bible study with a digital flavor.
Podcast: Download (42.4MB)
Digital Bible Study – Martin shares a recap of his recent presentation at the WI State Teacher’s Conference. We learn about the many types of digital Bible study and about many free and affordable tools for online study.
- Web 2.0 tools to facilitate blended Bible study
- Real time communication tools for one-to-one connections
- iChat for Mac
- Google chat and video
- Open source courseware for web servers – Moodle.org
- Free hosting for non-profits with a one-click Moodle install via DreamHost.com
- Martin’s Moodle install – martinspriggs.com/moodle
- Personal Bible study software
- Glo Bible
- Logos 4 – released 11/02/09
- Pastor Aaron Frey from Emanuel in Tawas City, MI blogs about his experience with the Logos 4 private beta
- 100 New Features in Logos 4
- Logos 4 video overview
- Online Bibles
News in tech:
- (33:07) Google Wave update
- E-mail us for an invite, and join the public WELSTech wave by searching “Calling all WELSTech-ers!”
- The Complete Guide to Google Wave
- OpenDNS Enterprise – Pricing for K-12 is $500 per year
Picks of the week:
- (39:35) Open Office 4 Kids (via skipz on Twitter)
- Glo Bible
- (43:12) Ryan Rosenthal from Faith in Fond du Lac, WI shared a link to Karl Henselin’s Memory Work Quiz Maker
- Jason Schmidt from Gethsemane in Omaha, NE asked if we monitor WELSTech tags on diigo.com. We do now! And we even have a WELSTech group on Diigo for our listeners to join.
- Jason Schmidt also shared a slew of great links via the #WELSTech hashtag on Twitter
- Zip all your Google Docs from Lifehacker
- Custom Guide quick references
- Free science video DVDs
- Building your Twitter network
- Create a free website at Wix.com
- Gail Potratz from Emanuel in New London, WI also shared via Twitter – PBS Teacher Activity Packs
- Following up on our educational gaming discussion last week
- Jason Schmidt shared a link to The Animated Arcade
- Alycia Cameron share links to OurCourts.org and TheBrickTestament.com
- More follow up from last week’s episode, this time about Martin’s Pick of the Week, Mint.com – Alycia Cameron and Jeremy Johnson are fans!
- Debbie Witte from Ascension in Sarasota, FL contacted us for help in selecting a projector for their school and church. We pointed her to our WELSTech Wiki page on projectors as well as the ShopWELS.net program. Contact Mark Robinson, ShopWELS Administrator (262-546-0088 or [email protected]), for assistance.
Coming up on WELSTech:
(56:10) We celebrate National Distance Learning Week by highlighting all of the online learning opportunities offered by WELS. (Release date 11/11/09)
The featured artist:
(57:05) This week we close with the music of WELS artist Mike Westendorf (www.mikewestendorf.com – Follow mikewestendorf on Twitter) – Come from his CD titled ”Color Through The Gray”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!