This week on WELSTech Martin and Sallie take a look at chapter one of Clay Shirky’s Here Comes Everybody. Ray Brown joins the conversation to share how he uses video e-mail for outreach and congregational communication.
- Harnessing the power of groups – Martin and Sallie kick off a discussion of the book Here Comes Everybody – The Power of Organizing Without Organizations by Clay Shirky with a look at the concepts presented in the first chapter. The author uses a true story of a “one-person media outlet” to illustrate how easily groups can form on the Internet and the power these groups can yield. Based on these concepts, the discussion shifts to how the church will be affected by these types of groups and also how it can make use of the ease of group formation to effectively carry out ministry.
- Video e-mail (22:33) – Ray Brown, Congregational Assistant from Summerlin Lutheran in Las Vegas, NV, joins Martin and Sallie to share information on their use of video e-mail as a communication tool to members and prospects.
- Picks of the week (43:27)
- WELS.net feature (50:05)
- WELS.net is RSS enabled – www.wels.net/jump/rss
- Community feedback (51:42)
- Coming up on WELSTech (52:47)
- Episode 050 – We’ll discuss Chapter 2 of Here Comes Everybody and open our mail bag to share loads of community feedback
The featured artist:
- We close with music of WELS pianist, Dawn Gehlhar – Carol of the Bells from her CD titled Christmas Dreams (54:35)