This week on WELSTech Martin and Sallie are joined by Gail Potratz, our semi-regular classroom technology correspondent, and we hear about Gail’s recent adventure in podcasting at the Wisconsin Lutheran State Teachers’ Conference.
- Podcasting teachers – Gail Potratz, Technology Coordinator for Emanuel in New London, WI, joins Martin and Sallie to share her experience leading a breakout session on podcasting at the Wisconsin Lutheran State Teachers’ Conference last week. The session goals were to learn about the uses of Audacity, free, open-source audio editing software, as well as share ideas for using technology in the classroom. We hear ideas from many of the participants as they make their podcasting debut!
- Gail’s presentation wiki – wlstc.wikispaces.com
- Picks of the week (30:01)
- WELS.net feature (42:51)
- Benefit Plans Office – www.welsbpo.net
- Community feedback (43:47)
- Following up on last week’s comment from Kevin Smith at Christ in Zumbrota, MN, we heard from Jenifer with ProCare Software who offered to help out with a future podcast episode
- Perry Lund, an elder and Sunday school teacher from Grace in Oskaloosa, IA, shared info on how he uses his iPhone for ministry
- Join the conversation on the WELSTech listserve
- Coming up on WELSTech (46:50)
- Episode 045 – We celebrate National Distance Learning Week and talk with WELS Internet entrepreneur John Simonson about marketing tips for congregational web sites
- In December – We’ll be discussing Here Comes Everybody by Clay Shirky
The featured artist:
- We close with music of WELS artist, Kevin Loersch – Abide With Me from his CD titled Abide with Me (48:55)