This week the WELSTech podcast conversation is all about logo design, and we air the conclusion of our interview with the folks from “A Reason For Hope”.
Logo Design – Is it time to obtain or update your church or school logo? Martin and Sallie share considerations for logo design, ideas for finding a designer and what you should expect when purchasing a logo.
- Find graphic designers via the Internet
- Church Logos: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly from Collide Magazine
- How to Web 2.0 Your Logo from Collide Magazine
- The Church Marketing Lab Flickr pool
(15:30) Podcasting the Good News – We conclude our interview with Pastor Don Patterson from Holy Word in Austin, TX and Bill Eslinger about “A Reason For Hope” radio and podcast ministry. Part one of the interview can be heard on Episode 117.
Picks of the week:
- (31:17) WorldMathsDay.com
- Diigo browser toolbars and extensions for Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox
- (38:03) MLC is looking for nominations and applicants for Director of Information Technology
- Registration continues for upcoming FinalWeb for Dummies web site training classes. Martin and Sallie are presenting three days of face to face training focusing on developing, designing and maintaining your website with excellence.
- Milwaukee, WI and New Ulm, MN – March 9-11, 2010
- Saginaw, MI – April 6-8, 2010
- Attend any combination of days – one, two or three day registrations welcome
- $49 per day or $129 for all three days
- Details and registration at bit.ly/fw4dummies
- (39:58) John Shoosmith from Redeemer in Yakima, WA sent an update on their efforts at live video and chat coverage of Adult Bible Class.
- Mike Polinske shared a recommendation of an iPhone/iPod Touch application for studying the NIV Bible – Bible Scope. Cost is $29.99. Details at BibleScopeApp.com.
- Kevin Smith from Christ in Zumbrota, MN implemented a cost-effective network backup solution using Microsoft Home Server. Learn more at www.HomeServerShow.com and www.WeGotServed.com.
- Pastor David Ernest from Gloria Dei in Tinley Park, IL has a complete collection of WELSTech podcast with consistent file names and meta data. It’s great to know the WELSTech archive is a benefit to ministry!
Coming up on WELSTech:
(48:05) Episode 119 – We’ll explore the effects of media on the church in our discussion of Chapter 4 of Shane Hipps’ book The Hidden Power of Electronic Culture. We also talk with educational technology leader Tony Vincent, creator of LearningInHand.com. (Release date 02/17/10)
The featured artist:
(49:51) We close the podcast with the music of WELS musicians In His Service (www.adagioconcepts.com) – Send Me from their “In His Time” CD
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Use the diigo tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: