May 21 2013
Today on WELSTech we look at online, collaborative solutions for managing member and prospective member information. Sallie kicks off her very own picks of the week series geared at summer vacation, and we debut a brand new promo video for the upcoming WELSTech Camp event. All that, and the answer to your burning questions about Martin’s jet lag as well!
Software to manage your church – Keeping up with information about members and prospective members can be a huge job for church pastors, secretaries and volunteers. Now many software solutions are moving to the cloud for online sharing or data updates and inquiries. Martin and Sallie discuss a variety of considerations including, most importantly, security of your data.
(10:29) Church in the cloud – Peter Frank, Manager of Concordia Technology Solutions, talks with Martin and Sallie about one of their newest products, Church360: Members, a full-featured online church membership database. Watch for a look inside a demo installation.
News in tech:
Picks of the week:
- (32:44) Sallie’s Summer Vacation Tech Series #1 … Family-friendly podcasts
- Yahoo Overhauls Flickr, Provides All Users With 1TB Free Storage
(43:51) We hope you enjoy our promo video for the first ever WELSTech Camp unconference. Join us September 14th at Martin Luther College. For details and tickets for this free day, visit our event wiki.
- (44:30) The case against grades
- Richard Byrne from Free Technology For Teachers recommends a Google Reader replacement, The Old Reader
- How Safe Is Cloud Computing [Infographic]
Coming up on WELSTech:
(49:11) Episode 290 – What’s on your learning bucket list? Tune in next week as Martin, Sallie and guest host Jason Schmidt share ideas for kicking that particular bucket (list). (Release date – 05/28/13)
The featured artist:
(50:01) We close the podcast with the music of Corban Creek – Psalm 46
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: