This week on WELSTech we countdown the 7 Best Data Management Tools and Tips to handle your church, school, day care or prospect list. We also share some good news about making files available in Facebook…via Dropbox.
Countdown time – Church and school office workers are tasked with maintaining a lot of information so Martin and Sallie share some proven tools for effective management of members, prospects and students.
- Daycare and After School Care management
- Contact management
- Do-It-Yourself solutions
- Online forms for data submission
- Student information systems
- Church management software
Coming up in November … 7 Best Video and Webconferencing Tools. Share your favorite tools for video creation and connecting with others.
News in tech:
Picks of the week:
- (32:14) Moodle on an iPad you ask? Check out the My Moodle app for iOS which allows file uploads or simply browse to the Moodle site using the Safari browser.
- From the WELSTech Diigo group we learned of
- Following up on past episodes …
- Teacher Rachel Pierson from Trinity in Waukesha, WI is using KidBlog.org with her 6th grade students (Learn more on episode 251)
- Rachel also commented on last week’s Chromebook podcast that unblocking pop-up from the Accelerated Reader testing site allows her students to take the tests on Chromebooks without a problem
- Another follow up on that show – Jimmy Pautz tweeted a link to a “Chromebook in business” review, Life with a Chromebook – three months of love and hate in the cloud
- Martin shared a link to some exciting news for Facebook – Facebook pairs with Dropbox for an easier path to file-sharing
Coming up on WELSTech:
(45:15) Episode 257 – We continue the current WELSTech book discussion of Presentation Zen by Garr Reynolds, this time looking at Chapter 2. (Release date – 10/09/12)
The featured artist:
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: