256 – It Is All About The Data
This week on WELSTech we countdown the 7 Best Data Management Tools and Tips to handle your church, school, day care or prospect list. We also share some good news about making files available in Facebook…via Dropbox.
Podcast: Download ()
Countdown time – Church and school office workers are tasked with maintaining a lot of information so Martin and Sallie share some proven tools for effective management of members, prospects and students.
- Daycare and After School Care management
- Contact management
- Do-It-Yourself solutions
- Online forms for data submission
- Student information systems
- Church management software
- Comparison chart from Christian Computing Magazine
- Shepherd’s Staff – Church 360 – ShopWELS discount info
- Logos CMS
- ACS Technologies
Coming up in November … 7 Best Video and Webconferencing Tools. Share your favorite tools for video creation and connecting with others.
(22:25) Prayer Notebook | Prayer Notebook Lite for iOS
News in tech:
(25:29) Stunning undersea panoramas now on Google Street View
Picks of the week:
- (26:44) Vocaroo
- Google Chat/Talk
- (32:14) Moodle on an iPad you ask? Check out the My Moodle app for iOS which allows file uploads or simply browse to the Moodle site using the Safari browser.
- From the WELSTech Diigo group we learned of
- 19Pencils – Teacher tools
- Clips – a Must-Have Bible Teaching iPhone App
- Following up on past episodes …
- Teacher Rachel Pierson from Trinity in Waukesha, WI is using KidBlog.org with her 6th grade students (Learn more on episode 251)
- Rachel also commented on last week’s Chromebook podcast that unblocking pop-up from the Accelerated Reader testing site allows her students to take the tests on Chromebooks without a problem
- Another follow up on that show – Jimmy Pautz tweeted a link to a “Chromebook in business” review, Life with a Chromebook – three months of love and hate in the cloud
- Martin shared a link to some exciting news for Facebook – Facebook pairs with Dropbox for an easier path to file-sharing
Coming up on WELSTech:
(45:15) Episode 257 – We continue the current WELSTech book discussion of Presentation Zen by Garr Reynolds, this time looking at Chapter 2. (Release date – 10/09/12)
The featured artist:
(46:35) This week we close the podcast with the music of Koine (www.koinemusic.com | Facebook) – If God Had Not Been On Our Side
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
[…] well enough. So, I planned to use a site called Vocaroo. I had shared this with my friends at the WELSTech Podcast as a tool one could possibly use in the classroom for podcasting. (They used it as one of their […]
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!