Get ready to go social as WELSTech begins a season-long focus on social media for ministry. This month we look at the Why, What, Who and How of Instagram. There’s news from Apple and Code.org, plus a bluetooth speaker winner and even more Instagram greatness to close out the show. Don’t wait … watch or listen now!
Visual communication – New this podcasting season is a monthly series titled Social Media for Ministry. The fist platform Martin and Sallie take a deep dive into is the popular image-sharing app Instagram. View the full-size Instagram for Ministry infographic and follow the links below for more details.
- 20 Great Ways To Use Instagram At Your Church
- Is Your Church on Instagram
- 12 Great Ways To Use Instagram For Your Church
- How to Create an Instagram Ministry
- Church Instagram accounts:
- School Instagram accounts:
- College Instagram accounts:
- Camp Instagram accounts:
- Other Instagram accounts:
- Instagram Help Center
- Recent Instagram Updates – A Can’t Miss Overview
- Instagram launches “Stories”
- Instagram Business Profiles: How to Set Up and Analyze Your Activities
- Instagram nixes naughty comments
News in tech:
Apple’s newest products, most available starting September 16:
“What does this mean? The continuing importance of Luther’s Small Catechism” is the title of the upcoming Interactive Faith series led by Rev. John Braun. Tune in on Wednesdays at 6 or 8 pm Central beginning September 21.
Picks of the week:
- Code.org Teacher Community
- Bose SoundLink Color Bluetooth Speaker
Request the Social Media Quick Guide: Instagram from Church Tech Today’s eBooks page.
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 463 – Next week the WELSTech listeners rule the roost as we share community feedback for the month. Release date: Wednesday, September 21.
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: