419 – Looking Both Ways
This week’s WELSTech episode features a community discussion on video conferencing in church and school settings plus feedback on everything from sketchnoting to closed captioning. Learn about spiritual support for military members and families, live streaming from your mobile device, ProjectFi, Advent by Candlelight resources and more!
Podcast: Download (Duration: 54:20 — 49.7MB)
Video conferencing & more – Martin and Sallie open up the community feedback mailbag and share a variety of topics at the intersection of ministry and technology.
- Visit the WELSTech Listserve to read about Video Conferencing and deploying shared iPads in a school setting
- YouTube vs. Vimeo
- Google Drive for Android & iOS Updates
- Learn Moodle MOOC Starts January 17, 2016
- Six Live-Streaming Best Practices
- 10 Tips to Get Started with Sketchnoting Workshop
- How To Restore Deleted Google Calendar Events
- ChurchMag Celebrates 15,000 Blog Posts
- Closed Captions in Online Videos
News in tech:
iPad Pro – Reviews & more reviews
- WELS Military Devotions
- Introducing the Lutheran Military Support Group (LMSG) – LutheranMilitary.org
Picks of the week:
- Mobile Live Streaming
- Periscope – iOS | Android – The Scoop on Periscope from Tony Vincent at Learning in Hand
- Meerkat – iOS | Android
- Periscope vs. Meerkat
Advent by Candlelight resources from WELS Women’s Ministry
Learn a Google Slides hack to change your slides into a free-form desktop publishing alternative. Find this video and lost more on the WELSTech Presentation/Teaching YouTube Playlist.
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 420 – Learn about “A Day in the Life of a Tech Director” from WELSTech’s own semi-regular classroom technology correspondent, Gail Potratz. Release date: Wednesday, November 24
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!