This week on the WELSTech podcast Martin and Sallie help you kick off 2010 with a Bible reading plan and talk with a missionary about using Skype to conduct a long distance mission festival.
Get into the Word – The start of a new year is a great time to adopt a Bible reading plan. Martin and Sallie share ideas to help you get started, stay on track and even share readings on your web site. And the selection of reading plans couldn’t be better!!
- Check out the WELSTech Wiki “Using RSS Feeds” page for instructions on incorporating Bible readings into your web site
- WELS Through My Bible in 3 Years
- WELS Daily Devotions
- Bible Glo reading “journeys”
(17:38) Long-Distance Mission Festivals – Imagine connecting your congregation real-time with a missionary on the other side of the world. Using Skype and a simple web camera and projection set up, this has proven to be a very effective way for state side churches and schools to talk with those serving in the mission field. Listen and learn about the possibilities.
News in tech:
(36:45) Best of CES 2010 Awards
Picks of the week:
- (44:12) WELSTech listeners save $10 on Glo Bible software
- Use coupon code: WELS
- Use the WELSTech coupon code and buy online for just $49.99, a 45% savings!
- Offer valid until January 20, 2010
- Watch Martin’s Glo Bible demo
- (45:49) Steve Nolte shared a link to Spiral Universe School Management System
- John Shoosmith sent us a link to the YouTube automatic captioning announcement
- Chris Hintz wanted to improve the print layout of his Google calendar. Try the Provider for Google Calendar plug in for Mozilla Thunderbird and Lightning.
- The worst picks of 2009 controversy continues.
Coming up on WELSTech:
(53:55) Episode 115 – We’ll talk through the concepts in Chapter 3 of Shane Hipps’ book The Hidden Power of Electronic Culture. (Release date 01/20/10)
The featured artist:
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Use the diigo tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: