This cat-friendly WELSTech school-year season opener marks the return of our extended format, including news in tech, WELS now, and ministry resources. We’re talking about apps for creating verse images, updates to the Google Lectionary Calendar, and church video connections. Plus, we are happy to welcome Dr. Tom Kuster to the conversation as he shares details on an extended-reality-in-ministry project!
Create verse images – A smartphone can fill a key role in church, school, and personal communication efforts. Martin and Sallie discuss the many apps that make it easy to create images with Bible text overlaid, perfect for sharing on social media.
How can XR technology be used to serve the Lord? – Dr. Tom Kuster from the Christ in Media Institute shares details on their current XR (extended reality) Project and Festival and how schools can get involved. The first 10 schools to sign up will receive a $200 Oculus-GO VR headset to further their research.
- Learn more & participate in the XR Project and Festival
- E-mail Dr. Kuster at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started
News in tech:
WELS National Conference on Lutheran Leadership – Register now for early bird pricing
Picks of the week:
- Why You Should Open An Unsplash Account For Your Church Brand from ChurchMag
- Affinity Photo YouTube Channels
- 14 incredibly useful things you didn’t know Google Drive could do
- Chrombook end of life discussion – WELS Google Schools on Group.io
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: