WELSTech Camp 2013 is just a memory at this point, and this episode of WELSTech is dedicated to recapping the big moments from the event. Martin and Sallie, along with 101 WELSTech-ers of all flavors, gathered on Saturday to talk about the many facets of tech in ministry (and to have coffee). Today’s show features a recap of the highlights as well as interviews with attendees.
Afterglow – Martin and Sallie discuss the first-ever WELS unconference event, including the challenges around organizing the suggested topics into a working schedule for the day, the most popular topics (would you be surprised if we told you Google was in the title of several sessions) and the joy one MLC student experienced when we handed her a brand new iPad!
(13:02) “What did you learn today?” – Videos of attendees are incorporated in the episode.
- Visit the WELSTech Camp wiki for notes and archived video from each session
- WELSTech Camp photos on Flickr
- A word cloud representation of all of the suggested topics –
(18:43) Thanks Brent Nemmers for pointing us to this Microsoft announcement that Office 365 is now available for FREE for non-profits!
- (22:23) Never let your hands leave the keyboard using the Windows Key for searching
- Create a photo collage with room for text using PicMonkey.com
Picks of the week:
- (35:18) K-12 Digital Literacy & Citizenship Curriculum from Common Sense Media
- Teaching Copyright
- Graphic Organizers
Coming up on WELSTech:
(41:10) Episode 308 – Gail Potratz from Emanuel in New London, WI is back, filling the seat of WELSTech’s semi-regular classroom technology correspondent. Tune in for a discussion of Gail’s “Year 2” experience with Chromebooks. (Release date – 09/24/13)
The featured artist:
(41:54) We close the podcast with the music of Corban Creek – Psalm 13
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: