308 – Classroom Chrome
This week’s WELSTech features our monthly education-focused discussion as we hear from guest host Gail Potratz about the joys and some challenges of administering and implementing Chromebooks. Gail has unique insight as she has entered her second year of administering Chromebooks on her campus.
Podcast: Download (60.9MB)
A veteran with Chromebooks – Martin and Sallie welcome back our semi-regular classroom technology correspondent, Gail Potratz, from Emanuel in New London, WI, and she shares her experience with Google Chromebooks year-2 implementation. Listen for tricks that help teachers share documents with students and comment in-line on student’s work. Consistency is key!
(25:22) Heritage and Hope: Celebrating 150 Years at Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary
- (26:45) Taking a screenshot on Chromebooks
- Presenter View on PowerPoint – Video tutorial
- Chromebook Keyboard Shortcuts
Picks of the week:
- (38:29) Screencasting on Chromebooks
- Training resources for Google Apps for Education
- Apple’s iPad – featuring iOS 7
(45:45) Software Engineer/Programmer position at the Center for Mission and Ministry (CMM)
- (46:42) Google Sync
- Lose It!
- 7 Minute Workout
- Google and Intel Mini Summit – UW Oshkosh – October 12
- Is There Life After Email? Yes, And It’s Amazing
- The Flipped Classroom Boosts Grades 5%. Why That’s As Big As We Can Expect
- How to Use Mind Maps to Unleash Your Brain’s Creativity and Potential
- Google Form Templates
- Google’s Quickoffice Now Free for iPad and iPhone Users
Coming up on WELSTech:
(59:25) Episode 309 – Next week join Martin and Sallie as we tour the many features of the WELS Mobile App. (Release date – 10/01/13)
The featured artist:
(1:00:05) We close today’s WELSTech with the music of Joey Schumann and the Lutheran Ceili Orchestra (JoeySchumann.com | Joey on Facebook) – A Mighty Fortress
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!