This week on WELSTech we reflect on the recent conference and share resources from the many presenters in attendance. Our ministry resource is a new site with free biblical imagery, and updates to both WELS.net and the online WELS Yearbook are reviewed. The featured video is of a satirical IGNITE visit from C.S. Lewis’ Screwtape on the 8 Rules of PowerPoint Complexity.
Takeaways – Martin and Sallie look back at the WELSTech Conference experience and share some of their favorite takeaways from the event including a compilation of the social comments, the joy of techie fellowship, resources from the various presenters and a look at the happy winner of the Chromebook Pixel, Allan Bundt.
News in tech:
- Check out the new WELS.net
Picks of the week:
- Coming soon – new ways to achieve more in your classroom
- Lino – collaborative sticky notes
- Are You Putting Technology Ahead of Your Church’s Message?
- Church Facebook Posts: Applying Best Practices
- The 50 Best Colleges That You Can Actually Get Into – #4 is Martin Luther College (MLC)!
- FullOfEyes.com Biblical images by Chris Powers
Pastor James Aderman closed out the WELSTech Conference IGNITE session with a satirical look at what not to do in PowerPoint from the perspective of the C.S. Lewis character Screwtape. We’ve added the video to the WELSTech Presentation/Teaching Videos playlist on YouTube.
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 402 – Less than a week before the start of Synod Convention, Martin and Sallie walk you through the technology being employed to bring the convention to you. Join us Tuesday, July 21 @ 4 pm Central – welstechlive.wels.net
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: