On this final WELSTech 7 Best countdown of 2012 we share Mobile Device (a.k.a. tablets & smartphones) Computing Tips covering productivity, security, and much more. Also on the podcast, there’s news from Google, a couple of live streamed Christmas concert opportunities and even a Pinterest-worthy infographic.
Make the most of your mobile device – Martin and Sallie countdown the best tips, accessories and apps for tablets and smartphones.
- Bible Apps
But we aren’t done with 7 Best list yet. Join us on January 1st for our 7 Best Picks of 2012!
News in tech:
Picks of the week:
(38:30) View the live stream of
- Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary’s “Sing a Song of Christmas” concert on December 9th at 3:00 or 7:00 p.m.
- Martin Luther College’s Christmas Concert on MLC TV on December 8th at 7:30 p.m. and December 9th at 4:00 p.m.
- (40:12) Ryan Rosenthal of Faith in Fond du Lac, WI shared a sample Tech Usage Guide for Staff
- Mike Marquardt from Peace in Hartford, WI wrote in concerned about teachers following COPPA guidelines in a 1:1 computing environment. DropItTo.Me for easy file uploads to a teacher’s DropBox might help.
- Pastor Rob Guenther from Grace in Kenai, AK shared to iPad suggestions – Piano Dust Buster, a Guitar Hero type game for piano, and TCEA’s iPad Apps and Resources for Teachers page
- Via our WELSTech Diigo group we learned of
- The World of Mobile Phones [Infographic]
Coming up on WELSTech:
(58:05) Episode 266 – We continue the current WELSTech book discussion of Presentation Zen by Garr Reynolds, this time looking at Chapter 4, Crafting the Story. (Release date – 12/11/12)
The featured artist:
(59:25) We close the podcast with the music of a new Japanese addition to our WELS artist lineup, Kaori Egawa – Angels’ Christmas Carol
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: