It’s book discussion week on the WELSTech Podcast as we examine the adapted definition of “community”.
How do you define community? – Martin and Sallie trip down memory lane to the days of Room 222 as they discuss chapter 5 of Jesse Rice’s book, The Church of Facebook, and the sometimes generational differences in the definition of community.
- (16:05) View sample congregational and school videos created using iMovie on an iPad. Do you have sample video projects to share?
Picks of the week:
- (19:41) Pinterest
- (29:37) Chris Muller from St. Paul’s in Onalaska, WI wrote in with live streaming copyright questions. Check out the podcasting license at OneLicense and CCLI. Any WELSTech-ers up on television copyright?
- Pastor Geoff Kragen from Sepher Ministries is an Accordance fan for in-depth Bible study on the Mac.
- Listener George Kellermann left us a question on Facebook related to iPads in education. Check out these resources:
(34:49) On the March 7th episode of WELSTech we’ll countdown our next 7 Best list, and listeners can be part of the list creation. Simply let us know your favorite
Teacher Resources Web Sites
You can tweet us using #WELSTech, write on our Facebook or Google+ wall, leave a voicemail (405-FOR-WELS), send an e-mail, mail it in on a carrier pigeon or whatever method you want to use. Just let us know what you think is best!
Coming up on WELSTech:
(35:36) Episode 223 – We’ll share tips for introducing your congregation to technology and talk with two pastors who are currentlyrunning successful e-mail Bible reading campaigns. (Release date – 02/15/12)
The featured artist:
(36:55) We close the podcast with the music of Revelation, a music ministry of Wisconsin Lutheran College (www.revelationwlc.com) – Via Dolorosa from the CD titled “Once For All”
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: