On the WELSTech Podcast this week we look at ways to effectively introduce tech initiatives in your congregation.
The “techie” congregation guide – Martin and Sallie discuss ways to implement technology in the congregation (spoiler = SLOWLY!!) and identify areas that may be prime for the tech touch including electronic news, social networks and screencast tours of your web site.
- Private Facebook Groups
- Martin’s e-book “Websites and Missions: Reaching Out in a Digital World“
(19:25) Congregation e-Bible reading – Pastors Dan Witte (Risen Savior, Lakewood Ranch, FL) and Emile Burgess (Trinity, Caledonia, WI) join Martin and Sallie to talk about the electronic Bible reading projects they’ve each recently launched in their respective congregations.
- Pastor Witte’s WordPress blog with daily Bible reading posts (subscribe for e-mail delivery)
- Pastor Burgess’ Congregation Communication Updates (sample | subscribe for e-mail delivery | Trinity on Twitter)
- Bible Gateway
- Shepherd’s Staff
Picks of the week:
(50:32) On the March 7th episode of WELSTech we’ll countdown our next 7 Best list, and listeners can be part of the list creation. Simply let us know your favorite
Teacher Resources Web Sites
You can tweet us using #WELSTech, write on our Facebook or Google+ wall, leave a voicemail (405-FOR-WELS), send an e-mail, mail it in on a carrier pigeon or whatever method you want to use. Just let us know what you think is best!
- (51:17) Nate Block from New Hope in Melbourne, FL recommends Khan Academy
- Pastor Clint Rogas from St. Paul in South Haven, MI is looking for the WELS ONLINE app for Android tablet
- Pastor Geoff Kragen wasn’t impressed by the iOS reviews of CardCloud
- Via the WELSTech group on Diigo, listener Randy Nepsund shared links to PDFOnline.com for the conversion of Publisher files to PDF and the Technology Integration in Education site
- Looking for church or school library software? Check out this list of recommendations from the WELSTech listserve:
Coming up on WELSTech:
(58:45) Episode 224 – Next week the WELSTech chatter is all about safety on the Internet – at home and at school. (Release date – 02/22/12)
The featured artist:
(59:47) We close the podcast with the music of Dawn Michelle Williams (www.dawnmichellewilliams.com | Twitter | Facebook | My Space) – Beautiful Savior with Canon in D from her CD titled ”Inspirations”
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: