158 – Barcodes, Newsletters, and the NIV
This week the WELSTech Podcast returns to the church and school office to look at newsletter production.
Podcast: Download (43.0MB)
Those newsy newsletters – Martin and Sallie share tips and tricks related to church and school newsletters, covering everything from software and templates to imagery and e-news services with a bit of discussion of frequency, audience and content as well.
- Clip Art
- For ideas, check out the examples posted on the WELSTech Wiki > Office Documents page
(18:55) Publishing the Good News – Naomi Henkel from Mt. Calvary in Redding, CA recently talked with Sallie about the production of her congregation’s newsletter. She also shared ideas for creating a motivating congregational time and talent survey.
- Check out Mt. Calvary’s newsletter and time and talent survey
- (33:50) QR “Quick Content” Codes
- Create your own QR Codes
- Decode QR Codes with your smartphone or an online decoder
- NIV 2011 (the updated New International Version Bible translation) is “live”
Picks of the week:
- (43:10) Infographic of David Pogue’s “Disruptive Technologies” PubCon keynote
- Roku Digital Video Player
(50:05) Beginning today and continuing each week through December 15th we’ll release a series of 5 clues in the WELSTech “Christmas 2010 Scavenger Hunt“. Use these 5 clues to locate a mystery message and enter it for a chance to win a $25 Cafe Press gift certificate, where your WELSTech merchandise dreams can come true! The winner will be selected from all correct entries and announced on our special Christmas week podcast airing December 22nd.
This week we’ll make it easy and post the first clue image on this page. You’ll have to find the future clue images somewhere on the WELSTech web site.
Remember, you can use your smartphone or an online decoder to decipher the message. Have fun!
- (52:19) Kevin Smith from Christ in Zumbrota, MN shared information on their church basement audio project. Look for details and equipment links on the WELSTech Wiki > Audio Equipment page.
Coming up on WELSTech:
(54:19) Episode 159 – We’ll delve into the topic of web conferencing and talk to Vicar Donald Tilbury about using the web to connect with long-distance catechism students. (Release date 11/24/10)
The featured artist:
(55:15) We close the podcast with the music of Kevin Loersch – Advent Medley from his CD titled ”O Holy Night”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Use the diigo tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!