This week on the WELSTech podcast we explore student and teacher prep for the new tech-driven school year.
Preparing to learn in a Web 2.0 world – This isn’t your grandmother’s back to school season, and with the advent of technology, parents, students and teachers need to prepare for the new school year in all new ways. Listen as Martin and Sallie share ideas to help you get ready for technology in the new school year.
- For Students
- For Parents
- Office at School for Parents from Microsoft
- For Teachers
(12:43) Joining Martin and Sallie this week is Joe Du Fore who teaches at Fox Valley Lutheran High School and also serves as Educational Technology Director. Joe shares his thoughts on the use of technology at the high school level and tech tips for students and parents as they prepare to go back to school.
News In Technology:
Picks of the week:
- (41:12) Allan Bunt from Good Shepherd in Wisconsin Rapids, WI shared a link to Jodix for creating MP3 audio from video files
- #WELSTech tweets this week include…
- Phillip Wels from St. Paul’s in New Ulm, MN asked about considerations for offering facebook training in his congregation
Coming up on WELSTech:
(49:16) Episode 094 – Gail Potratz joins us for a discussion of one-to-one computing in the classroom. (Release date 08/26/09)
The featured artist:
(50:20) This week we close with the music of WELS instrumentalist In His Time (www.adagioconcepts.com) – O God, Your Hand The Heavens Made from their CD titled ”In His Time”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 414-375-2334
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: