This week the WELSTech podcast focus is Twitter in education as Martin and Sallie talk with two WELS teachers who are blazing the Twitter trail, Gail Potratz and Jason Schmidt.
Twitter in Education – Gail Potratz, Technology Coordinator for Emanuel in New London, WI and our “Semi-regular Classroom Technology Correspondent”, sits in on the podcast as we discuss Twitter for teachers.
- TwitLonger – When you talk too much for Twitter
- K-3 Teachers Guide to Twitter
- Nine Reasons to Twitter in Schools
- Math help from over 200 people … from Tech Chick Tips
- 25 Interesting Ways To Use Twitter in the Classroom
- Directory of Learning Professionals
(20:43) A WELS Teacher Tweets – Jason Schmidt, 3rd and 4th grade teacher from Gethsemane in Omaha, NE and jasonschmidt123 on Twitter, joins Martin and Sallie to talk about his experience as a Twitter user and about the many classroom and professional development resources it has made him aware of.
- 10 Teachers to Follow on Twitter from Free Technology For Teachers
- Jason shares his bookmarks on Diigo
New Technology Showcase:
(37:57) iPhone OS 3.0
Picks of the week:
- (43:37) ShareThis – Sharing made easy (or was Gail’s pick GroupTweet?)
- TweetDeck app for iPhone & iPod Touch – in iTunes
- Twellow – Twitter directory
(53:57) BWTG is live! On this week’s Bonus WELSTech Goodness episode you can learn about Google Calendar, and next Monday we’ll share “how-to” tips for Google Reader.
- (57:42) Jeremy Johnson commented on the recent Narnia discussion and blogged his take on Lifehacker’s Essential Windows Apps
- Still baffled by Twitter search? Sallie shared a link to the newest CommonCraft video, Twitter Search in Plain English
- The WELSTech listserve conversation continues on stock video resources and privatizing areas of a FinalWeb site. Check the online archive for details.
- Ryan Rosenthal from Faith in Fond du Lac, WI shared loads of great comments on a variety of recent WELSTech topics.
- Jason Schmidt from Gethsemane in Omaha, NE tweeted #WELSTech to share Tube Chop – use it to carve out a desired section of a YouTube video
- Allan Bundt tossed out the idea of a WELSTech video podcast – hmmm … you really don’t want to go there 😉
- Brad Wheeling, who heads up Concordia Technology Solutions, is looking for beta testers for Shepherd’s Staff 2010 – Contact Brad on Twitter at CTSBrad
Coming up on WELSTech:
(1:05:45) Episode 080 – We preview the Web 2.0 tools that will be a part of the new WELS.net
The featured artist:
(1:07:07) The music of WELS artist Mike Westendorf (www.mikewestendorf.com) closes this week’s podcast – I Will Sing from his CD titled “Climb The Mountain”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 414-375-2334
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: