This week Martin and Sallie focus on technology to assist those with special needs, including making your web site ADA compliant and an interview with Pastor Carl Ziemer from WELS Commission on Special Ministries.
- Making Your Web Site ADA Compatible – Looking at the guidelines put forth by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Martin and Sallie share simple ways that you can make your web site more user friendly and accessible for people with all types of disabilities.
- Using Technology for Special Ministries (12:05) – Pastor Carl Ziemer, Administrator of WELS Commission on Special Ministries, joins Martin and Sallie to share some exciting advances in many areas of Special Ministries which are made possible by the use of technology.
- Love in Action video series
- Contact Special Ministries – 414-256-3240
- Picks of the week (40:44)
- Text-to-Speech programs – We play a sample produced with Help Read
- Blind Cool Tech podcast – www.blindcooltech.com
- iGoogle gadget for YouTube political video captioning
- Dragon Naturally Speaking – www.nuance.com
- WELS.net feature (46:40)
- Special Ministries – www.wels.net/jump/specialministry
- Of interest (48:38)
- Community feedback (49:30)
- Pastor James Wilcox of Rapid City, SD suggested we produce a down-sampled, smaller file size version of the WELSTech Podcast for easy download for our dial-up listeners
- David Scharrer of Hemlock, MI asked how pastors can submit audio sermons for Streams. Visit www.wels.net/jump/onlineworship for an extensive list of audio and video worship opportunities and submit yours for inclusion if it isn’t listed already.
- Commenting on Episode 028, Dan shared a link to an additional tool for Getting Things Done (GTD) – www.gtdagenda.com
The featured artist:
- We close with music of WELS musicians, In His Service (www.adagioconcepts.com) – Lost In The Night from their CD titled In His Time (53:44)
- Add a comment below
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice mail: 414-375-2334
- del.icio.us tag: welstech