May 9 2012
235 – Today’s Letter is W
It is e-book discussion week on the WELSTech Podcast as we look at social media strategy for churches and schools.
Listen now or download Episode 235 (43:05)
E-book conclusion – Martin and Sallie return to their discussion of the Radian6 e-book How to Transform Your Small Business With Social Media, digging into chapters 5 through 8.
News in tech:
- FinalWeb for Teachers – July 9 or 16 – bit.ly/fw4t2012
- FinalWeb for Dummies – July 10-12 or July 17-19 – bit.ly/fw4d2012
Picks of the week:
(29:50) On the June 6th episode of WELSTech we’ll countdown our next 7 Best list, and listeners can be part of the list creation. Simply let us know your favorite
Bookmarking Tools and Tips
You can pin an image and link on the WELSTech Pinterest board, tweet us using #WELSTech, write on our Facebook or Google+ wall, leave a voicemail (405-FOR-WELS), send an e-mail, leave a comment on the WELSTech site, mail it in on a carrier pigeon or whatever method you want to use. Just let us know what you think is best!
- (30:49) Teacher Kurt Gosdeck from St. Lucas in Kewaskum, WI recently collaborated on an e-book project created by Richard Byrne from Free Tech For Teachers – 10 Digital Storytelling Projects
- The WELSTech Listserve was hopping last week with discussion of school server configurations. Check out the list archives for details.
- Via Pinterest we saw the Just How Big Is Apple infographic
- Links shared in the WELSTech Diigo group this week include …
- Shrink O’Matic – batch image resizer
- How to Moderate a Brainstorming Session
- NASA Video about planets
- On Twitter Maren McPeak (@marenmcpeak) shared a link to the solar powered Vista 200 Presentation System
Coming up on WELSTech:
(38:02) Episode 236 – Tune in for Martin’s Tech & Learning Conference recap and an interview on Hmong video outreach. (Release date – 05/16/12)
The featured artist:
(39:00) We close the podcast with the music of L. A. Miller - Your Peace from the CD titled “Night and Day”
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: