This week on the WELSTech Podcast we countdown the 7 best photo organizing and editing tools.
Take my picture! – The 7 Best series is back and this month Martin and Sallie share their top picks for working with photos.
Photo Organizing and Editing Tools
- Aviary –Phoenix image editor and Raven vector editor
- GIMP – Tutorials
Kudos to the WELSTech community for lots more great recommendations:
- Batch image resizing
- Vector editing
- Image editing
- David Schumann from Peace in Janesville, WI shared a sample Soccer Camp flyer including his notes on the software he used to create it.
Coming up in June … 7 Best Bookmarking Tools and Tips
News in tech:
(24:44) Google Drive is live
- Drive apps in the Chrome Web Store
- Comparing cloud-based storage pricing
- Exploring Google Drive – Video overview
Picks of the week:
- (27:41) Animoto and Animoto for Educators – Sample student project
- Adorama Learning Center – Adorama TV
- (34:37) FinalWeb training – This summer we’re offering online training on web site creation and maintenance using the FinalWeb system. And, for the first time, we’ll be using Google Hangouts!
- Check out the newly updated FinalWeb video tutorials
- (36:35) Via #WELSTech on Twitter we learned about MeetingKing
- From WELSTech on Pinterest
- Links shared in the WELSTech Diigo group this week include Alternatives to PowerPoint from Edcamp Boston
- On the WELSTech Listserve, additional links were share for online scheduling
- Sally Valleskey from Abiding Word in Houston, TX asked about copyright issues around streaming and archiving of worship services. We found some great resources on the Christian Copyright Solutions (CCS) web site including fact sheets on several aspects of the copyright issues. We’ve added links to the CCS resources on the WELSTech Wiki Copyright page.
Coming up on WELSTech:
(44:25) Episode 235 – Martin and Sallie conclude their discussion of the online e-book How to Transform Your Small Business With Social Media, looking at Chapter 5 to the end. (Release date – 05/09/12)
The featured artist:
(45:38) We close the podcast with the music of Cross to Glory – One Name from their CD titled “Life’s Song“
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: