631 – What Does Church Look Like?
The WELSTech Summer interview series kicks off today. We’re taking a look at the many faces of ministry during a pandemic from across the synod in an effort to spark ideas and encourage excellence in all ministry, whether in good times or challenging times. There’s also some awesome community feedback on everything from smart tech to VBS and Summer Sunday school to free Bible images.
Podcast: Download (Duration: 43:09 — 40.5MB)
The interview and discussion:
Unique ministry ideas – Pastor Rob Guenther from St. John’s Lutheran Church in New Ulm, MN joins Martin and Sallie to share his ministry experience during and beyond COVID-19.
Picks of the week:
- Flat teacher Stephanie Arndt from Peace, Hartford, WI shared Wyze, affordable Internet of Things products
- Cindy Krueger shared Child’s Play, a home Vacation Bible School, and Summer Sunday School videos led by MLC students
- Michael Vlieger from Risen Savior, Mankato, MN shared Summer PD Bingo from Ditch That Textbook
- FreeBibleImages.org surpassed 1,000 image sets
Featured videos/online course:
Check out the unique video ministry experience from St John’s, New Ulm, MN, where they spliced the current readings and sermon into full church worship recordings from 2019, making the safer-at-home worship experience feel a bit more normal.
Summer interviews on pandemic ministry continue
- Add comments
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
- WELSTech Google Group
- WELSTech on Facebook
- WELSTech on Google+
- WELSTech on Pinterest
- WELSTech on Instagram
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!