280 – Where’d My Bible Go?
This week the WELSTech Podcast says goodbye to two favorites; the NIV 84 Bible translation is no longer available digitally and Google announced they will be shuttering Google Reader on July 1. We look at what’s available to fill the gap these two great tools leave behind.
Podcast: Download (26.6MB)
The interview & discussion:
(3:40) Pastor Jon Schroeder from Faith in Sharpsburg, GA and a member of the Translation Feasibility Study group talks with Martin and Sallie about Bible translations, including what choices the online/digital Bible reader has today.
- From the WELSTech Archives: Mobile Bible Apps
- WELS Translation Study resources – WELS Feasibility group report
- The Bible miniseries discussion resources
- Bread for Beggars
- WELS Through My Bible
(30:08) My Sunday Solutions
News in tech:
(32:52) Google Reader is Going Away July 1 – Alternatives:
- Feedly – Transitioning from Google Reader to Feedly
- Google Takeout
- The Best Alternatives from LifeHacker
- Combine IFTTT and Pocket, Evernote or Gmail for a DIY Google Reader Replacement
Picks of the week:
- (36:01) Art of Problem Solving from the creator of MathCounts Minis
- The Glo Bible
- (42:32) Join WELS teachers tweeting this Thursday, March 21, at 8 p.m. CDT for the first ever #WELSed Twitter chat
- Teaching Writing and Learning With Graphic Organizers
- No home Wi-Fi? Ask3 & Videos To Go
- Leap Motion
- Soundrown White Noise – Does this work in your classroom?
- How to Boot Into Linux from Your Android Phone
- 4 Useful Automator Workflows form OS X
- Clea.nr for a Cleaner Internet
- Chrome App-Extention Must Have’s
- Digital WWII Era Posters
- Google Keep is Coming
Coming up on WELSTech:
(53:40) Episode 281 – Next week Jason Schmidt, one of our semi-regular classroom technology correspondents, joins the conversation with Martin and Sallie to talk about classroom video sites. (Release date – 03/26/13)
The featured artist:
(54:18) We close the podcast with the music of Dawn Michelle Williams (www.dawnmichellewilliams.com | Twitter | Facebook) – Where I Belong
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!