213 – The Blogging Bandwagon
This week’s WELSTech Podcast discussion is on lessons learned from blogging, and Jason Jaspersen joins the conversation to share info on his liturgical art web site, TheCLAPR.
Podcast: Download ()
Reflections on a year of blogging – Martin, Sallie and Adam Goede, author of The Daily Bible Challenge blog, share their thoughts on the blessings and challenges of regular blogging as well as lessons learned along the way.
- Start blogging at …
- Use RSS Graffiti to add your blogs feed to Facebook (Note: The app works best in Chrome browser)
(16:08) Visually representing worship – Artist and teacher Jason Jaspersen from Minnesota Valley Lutheran High School joins Martin and Sallie to talk about TheCLAPR, The Confessional Lutheran Art Patronage Reference. Jason shares the origin of the site and more about its goals of connecting artists with congregations and leaving a legacy of artwork that speaks to our strong Lutheran confessional stance.
- WELS Artists Network on Facebook
- Jason’s Personal blog – (The Process)
- (30:41) The Nativity Factor
- The Natwivity
Picks of the week:
(41:14) Streams Seasonal Radio
(41:38) Mark your calendar for the Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary streaming Christmas concert – December 11 @ 3:00 p.m. Central
- (42:00) Links shared in the WELSTech Diigo group this week include …
- Gail Potratz from Emmanuel in New London, WI shared information with the WELSTech Listserve about a presenter who is available to speak to parent’s groups about Internet safety.
Coming up on WELSTech:
(51:30) Episode 214 – Martin and Sallie continue their discussion of The Church of Facebook by Jesse Rice, delving into Chapter 3, Dispensation. (Release date – 12/14/11)
The featured artist:
(52:01) We close the podcast with the music of Michael Schroeder (www.michaelschroeder.com and on Facebook) – O Come Emmanuel from his CD titled “The Reason for the Season”
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Just wanted to make a note: the Lamb of God piece did not win first prize at the Solus Christus exhibit—it was first runner-up. Thanks for sharing this interview, though. I hope more congregations become aware of the artists working in and with the WELS.