This week the WELSTech Podcast is all about Internet-based telephone solutions, and we a look at the offerings from one of ShopWELS newest partners, Digium.
Internet phones – Using Voice over Internet Protocol (or VoIP) to make long distance calls at an affordable or sometimes free rate is the topic of the day. Martin and Sallie attempt to sort out the various options and share pros and cons of each solution.
(20:05) The next level – Mark Robinson from DVI Consulting and principal contact for the ShopWELS program talks with Martin and Sallie about the cost and productivity benefits of IP telephony systems. Get a glimpse of the future as Mark describes WELS partner Digium and their reliable and effective means of supporting phone system needs for small to medium churches and schools.
- Contact Mark for more information – 262-546-0088 or email@example.com
(39:24) The Christ in Media Institute – Promoting production and distribution of Christian media
News in tech:
Picks of the week:
- (50:55) Bill Freitag wrote to say how much he likes the WELS Online iOS app upgrade. Share your comments in iTunes!
- Shared this week in the WELSTech Diigo group:
- Free Phone Number to Receive Fax via Email
- Nebraska School District Moodle Site with free technology courses and teacher resources
- Build effective church websites that engage with outsiders from the BIGBible Project
- On the WELSTech Facebook page, Michael Knepprath shared a link to Box.net. Sign up with an Apple mobile device by December 2nd and get 50GB of free storage space.
Coming up on WELSTech:
(58:54) Episode 207 – Tune in to learn the identity of our brand new semi-regular classroom technology correspondent as Martin and Sallie share the mic and talk all things Chromebook! (Release date – 10/26/11)
The featured artist:
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: