184 – Apple Day
This week the WELSTech Podcast round table welcomes Apple “Geniuses” Bob Martens and Aaron Spriggs.
Podcast: Download (36.1MB)
A bite of the Apple – Bob Martens and Aaron Spriggs, true Apple fan-boys, cozy up to the podcast microphone to chat with Martin and Sallie about the variety of products available from Apple and the many uses Apple products have in schools and churches.
- Fraser Speirs Blog – 1:1 with iPads in education
- iPhone Configuration Utility
- Mac Mini
- Mac OS X Lion – Coming Summer 2011
- Apple Care
Picks of the week (Apple-style):
- (25:57) Tweetbot – for Apple Mobile devices
- The Minimal Mac Podcast
- Acorn – Mac image editor
- Pogo Sketch stylus
- WELS Online – for Apple Mobile devices
News in tech:
(39:35) Google announces Chromebook
- (43:35) Pastor Phil Huebner from Christ the King in Palm Coast, FL gave us a tech update. In just their 4th year of existence, Christ the King is an all Mac campus (anticipating 200 students next year) using Snap Grades for online grade management, posting sermon archives on Vimeo and considering adding live streaming of their services soon.
- Join the WELSTech-er efforts to promote the hashtag “callday” on Twitter this week as WELS live streams graduation events from Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary.
Coming up on WELSTech:
(48:28) Episode 185 – Gail Potratz, our classroom technology diva, joins Martin and Sallie, and we talk about our summer plans for professional development and geeky fun. (Release date – 05/25/11)
The featured artist:
(49:01) We close the podcast with the music of Stephen Bautista (www.stephenbautistamusic.com or stephenbautista on Twitter) – Suddenly from his CD titled “Abandon”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!